Chasing Fireflies More Cheaply

I love pretty much everything in Chasing Fireflies catalog- from the gorgeous dresses to the all-natural toys to the way the catalog pages are grouped thematically. In fact, in their latest spring catalog I recognize many items I have featured here already! But, I have also noticed that many of their items are wayyy marked-up. Here are just a few example:

You know those famous Em Tanner Designs plates that have been spotted on Jon & Kate plus Eight? You can buy them directly at Em Tanner Designs for $24 apiece (still not cheap); buy them instead at Chasing-Fireflies and they cost a whopping $38 each:

Similarly, Em Tanner’s personalized tees cost about $34 at her own site; the price jumps all the way to $54 if you buy it from Chasing-Fireflies:

Also, Chasing Fireflies carries many trendy items that you could copy quite closely (and much more cheaply) elsewhere. Case-in-point: Chasing Fireflies’ lightweight boys’ hoodie which costs a hefty $44:

You can get almost the exact same hoodie (which I just bought for S. and it is great with such soft fabric!) at The Children’s Place on sale right now for a mere $12.99.

Many of my readers have told me how much they love Chasing Fireflies and I agree…but in this economy, I am probably going to bargain hunt for some of their products elsewhere!

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterPin it on PinterestSubmit to StumbleUponShare via email
This entry was posted in clothing, mealtime, personalized gifts. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Chasing Fireflies More Cheaply

1. Anonymous says:

Thanks for pointing this out! I noticed the discrepency on the Em Tanner stuff when I received the catalog…holy markup Batman!

2. Aimee Friedrich says:

this is great, thanks! I’ve been trying to only shop the sales and using coupons or looking for the good stuff on Ebay.

3. Anonymous says:

I’m a mom who does a lot of comparison shopping, especially over the past few years. I was recently shopping online for my son and found a cute peace sign rash guard at cwdkids.com for $32. Chasing Fireflies has the same rash guard for $34. He also loved the Raiders of the Lost Ark tee shirt for $24 at CWDkids. Chasing Fireflies price is $28. It’s worth it to me to save where I can!

4. StarlooksBoutique.com says:

I love retailmenot.com and currentcodes.com – I saved hundreds when Christmas shopping!

5. Robin says:

I agree that CF has the best catalog ever! But they mark things up and they have last season at this season’s price!!

6. Erin says:

I love the layout of Cf and appreciate the products, but what a Rip! I’ve noticed they are very careful to hide their brands too. Pretty shady from an otherwise lovely catalog.

7. Nicole says:

I’m desperately trying to find that angel origami top and capris somewhere else. Does anyone know who the designer is?

8. Jennifer H. says:

Thanks so much for the info on CF. I too LOVE the dresses in this catalog but in no way shape or form could afford to pay those prices! Does anyone know some of the brand names of the little girl/toddler dresses that they typically sell?

9. Anonymous says:

I love Chasing Fireflies too, but I noticed the mark ups are crazy as well. I called about one item and tried to get them to tell me the designer but they said it was their policy not to. Hmm. Plus, if you ever buy a gift, they don't have great gift wrapping. I would love to know who owns the site. Just curious what an arrogant retailer looks like.

10. Hanna says:

I would love to find the origami top elsewhere too- I actually bit it and ordered the top from CF because it is sooooo cute. Even though it is in the catalog they just sent out, I received an e-mail from them today saying the top had been discontinued!!! Please do post if you know where else to get this top- or if anyone has one and can tell us the brand. Thanks!

11. Anonymous says:

Chasing Fireflies carries brands like Lemon loves Lime (my fav), Jottum, Meli Meli, Mim Pi, Lola Et Moi…there are several people on etsy I can suggest to re-make some of the outfits! check out sewu – she has made some things for me and her newest alice in wonderland creations made martha stewart :) Her name is Abby.

12. j says:

hi. anyone know what the brand is for the dancing ruffles dress in their current catalog? they don't have the sizes…thought itwa s no added sugar (who does the bustle dress) but no go…anyone know! i would be in your debT!!1

13. Anonymous says:

I would like to know the name brand for the ruffles coats and the brocade coats that chasing fireflies carry.thanks if anyone knows please let me know.

14. Anonymous says:

What brand is the jeweled bunny dress from the autumn 2011 catalog. They are sold out in my girls size and I have searched and can't find it. Really love this dress.