Here is more eye candy from this past week’s National Stationery Show. I’ve provided links to the designers where available (please note that if you see product prices in the actual photos, these are wholesale prices- retail will be more).
Also new are these letterpress printed “Dress Me Up” coloring placemats $12.50. Coloring placemats are an emerging trend, I’ve noticed:
2) I was given a personal tour of the new baby/kids products at industry giant Crane & Co (you’ve heard of them, right?) I like these sweet bunny, duck, or elephant thank-you cards ($18) with lined envelopes. Easy and elegant for an expectant mom to have on hand for thank-you notes (since personalized notes will take a little while to receive after baby is born).
A Crane’s representative told me that these imprintable monkey cards ($13) have actually surpassed Crane’s classic plan ecru foldover cards in popularity.
I also like these “B” is for Boy cards congratulatory cards ($4.75) …girl cards available too, of course.
3) My favorite eco-friendly notebooks come from Canadian design shop Ecojot. They are 100% made from recycled materials. Love these new designs:
4) Fugu Fugu is a small letterpress shop from Pasadena, California. I love their eco-friendly letterpress cards printed with soy-based inks. In the almost saturated market of letterpress cards, Fugu Fugu stands out for its too-cute retro-style illustrations. How adorable is that pregnancy card?
5) This was the first year I saw the booth for Yellow Owl Workshop, a paper shop hailing from San Francisco. I like how their products have a kid-friendly vibe, like these stamp sets ($36.50) in a hand-finished birch box.
6) These letterpress alphabet posters ($30) by Sycamore Street Press make beautiful wall art for a nursery or playroom.
7) Finally (for now), last year’s trend of sarcastic/ironic greeting cards was still in evidence, but less so (perhaps the troubled economy make everyone a bit less snarky and a bit more compassionate). Nonethless, there were still some gems like these (I apologize, I don’t have in my notes who makes these…if they’re yours, please let me know!)
More stationery show goodies to come…. I have saved some of the best for last. Stay tuned!