Help Me Decide

Breaking news- I just checked the Pier 1 site and the prices have been reduced on all mirrored pieces in the Hayworth Collection- the prices listed below were the original prices.

Remember I told you about the new Pottery Barn mirrored side table I was so excited to find for my bedroom? Well, it is sold out in the NYC area stores and is back-ordered online. In the meantime, though, one reader reminded me that Pier 1′s “Hayworth Collection” is similar (and less expensive). So, I checked it out in my local Pier 1 store.

Here is the store’s signage displaying the entire Hayworth Collection and its prices . I would only be getting a small table, but you can go all-out if you want (though I think getting too many mirrored pieces like this may be overkill, unless you’re Marie Antoinette):

The tall chest of drawers ($449.95) is another nice piece that would work well on its own to glam up any bedroom:

Here you can also see the large mirror (which I like for any room) as well as the coordinasting Queen headboard ($449). I wasn’t so crazy about the headboard; I think an upholstered one would soften the overall look.

The smaller night-table is very cute and affordable at $199, but I don’t think it has enough storage for me:

I would probably opt for the bedside chest instead ($399) since it’s slightly larger and has more interior storage:

The Hayworth Collection bedside table is actually the same price ($399) as Pottery Barn’s table (see below), but I am still having trouble deciding. Which one do you prefer? Give me your opinions in the comments. Here they are again:

Pottery Barn:

Pier 1 (also shown in photos above)

p.s. A number of you have asked me about what fabric Tori Spelling used for her fantastic upholstered headboard (which is flanked by two mirrored bedside tables). I am investigating this (I may even be meeting Tori next week!) and hope to have an answer for you soon! I am also going to present more options for upholstered headboards.

This entry was posted in decor, NYC, sales, trends. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Help Me Decide

1. Erika D. says:

Just make sure you have plenty of Windex in the house because I think you are going to have plenty of hand- and fingerprints to deal with!

2. mymomshops says:

Ha! I know!

3. Anonymous says:

I like PB's better

4. Anonymous says:

I prefer Pottery Barn's

5. Cathy says:

I like PB better too. Just a different look instead of the doors.

6. Deborah says:

I like the PB one better also. The tapered legs soften it somehow, even though the Pier One table looks to have more storage.

7. 2 Little Irish Boys says:

I have been looking for a side table just like this as well. Almost bought the PB one, but I like the looks of the chest. The tables actually measure about the same–I have done my hw!!
    I would do the Pier 1 chest–no one will notice the difference because in your house you will only have the one–not the other to compare!!

8. Anonymous says:

I like the PB one better too…I think it looks more expensive than Pier 1 (in photos)

9. Lindsey says:

I like the quality of the Pb one best, but the shape of the first tall one best.
    On the subject of Tori, can you find out more details of her son's room? I know it is turqouise, which I love, but then does it also have red trim? Ithought I saw that in one episode and I am very interested in colored trim, as I've always just seen wood or white done well.
    Thanks!

10. Jackiegirl411 says:

Did you know Target has a cute mirrored side table as well.

11. Anonymous says:

Tori and Deans Headboard fabric:

KOPLAVITCH AND ZIMMER "LIRIAN" PETITE BLUE SILK CUT VELVET FABRIC

appears to be sold out everywhere