This is one of my favorite posts to write each year. I love looking back through twelve months’ worth of finds and reminding myself which ones I loved most (and sometimes I even consult my own blog when stumped for a gift…I often have forgotten my own favorites). Here are over 2 dozen of my top picks (and runner-ups) from 2009:
1) Favorite baby gift:. No contest. This one remains the same year after year- Fill in the Blankie.
Runner up: Personalized Onesies in Wooden Gift Box by Handmade Jig.
2) Favorite Etsy shop: Le Papier Studio
Runner up: Brown Eye Blue (my own Etsy shop), of course!
3) Favorite Toy: Limited Edition Obama Air Force One Collectible Toy Plane.
Runner up: Fisher Price Little People Lil Movers Bus. I can not tell a lie: this has been my son’s favorite toy all year.
4) Favorite home accents: Pillows by Alexandra Ferguson
Runner up: “Twitter” pillows by Craftsquatch.
5) Favorite magazine that is no longer: Domino
Runner up: Cookie.
6) Favorite nurseries: (How to Copy) Stella Doreen McDermott’s Nursery
Runner up: The NYC nursery of another Stella.
7) Favorite personalized kids’ gifts: Anything from Frecklebox.
Runner up: Personalized Plates at Happy Chickadee.
8) Favorite stationery: Personalized Notepads by Linda & Harriet.
Runner up: Monogrammed sticky notes by Galison.
9) Favorite women’s clothing & accessories: Boden. These sandals made me feel like a starlet all summer.
Runner up: LOFT (formerly Ann Taylor Loft).
10) Favorite clothing for boys: little maven by Tori Spelling.
Runner up: The Children’s Place.
11) Favorite New Kids’ Clothing Site: Lil Swanky.
Runner up: Polarn O. Pyret, a favorite Swedish brand for years, newly arrived in the U.S.
12) Favorite eco-friendly Holiday Cards: Paperspring
Runner up: My Good Greetings
13) Favorite jewelry: State Jewelry by Maya Brenner.
Runner up: Envelope Necklaces by Looka Jewelry.
14) Favorite Retro Gift: Sesame Street “Old School” DVDs
Runner up: Retro Barbie Dolls.
Did I miss something? Did you spot something here this year that you really loved? Leave it in the comments. Also take a look back at this year’s favorite gifts, plus the “Best Of” from 2008 and 2007…many items are still available to purchase now.