OK, I’ve humbly saved my own product for the last item of this Mother’s Day Giveaway Week. As some of my readers know, last Fall I launched my own little Etsy shop, Brown Eye Blue (those of you who don’t know me personally will find an explanation of the shop’s name online). Many years ago (like in the Dark Ages), I graduated from Harvard with a degree in Fine Arts, and then worked at many museum including the Whitney Museum of American Art. I’ve been an amateur photographer for years, and many people told me I should find some way to sell my photos (I often gave them as gifts). So I set up Brown Eye Blue, where you will find some of my favorite photographs that I have taken over the last several years, turned into notecards. There are seascapes, spring flowers, fall foliage, glimpses of New York City (from Central Park to Dylan’s Candy Bar), and more.
The photographs are all originals taken by me (I use a Canon digital SLR), and I assemble each notecard by hand. The cards measure 4.5 x 6.25″, with 4 x 6″ photos carefully mounted using acid-free adhesive onto acid and ligne-free premium white cardstock. The insides of the cards are blank and waiting for your personal message. Each card includes a matching envelope and is securely wrapped in its own protective cellophane sleeve. The three cards are tied as a bunch with pretty raffia ribbon (colors may vary…but it’ll be appropriate for spring!). I sell each set for $13.50, and shipping is free.
The winner of this giveaway will get to choose whichever 3 cards she likes from my shop, wrapped and gift-ready for Mother’s Day! Visit Brown Eye Blue to see all the cards that I offer (and I also can sell them as frameable prints- just send me a “convo” through Etsy to ask).
Win it! One reader will win 3 cards of her choice from Brown Eye Blue, wrapped and gift-ready for Mother’s Day. Here are the contest rules:
1) Visit Brown Eye Blue and leave a comment indicating your favorite photo from the collection. Leave your comment on THIS post (click on “comments” below).
2) Post your comment by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, May 2nd.
3) You may leave up to 3 separate entries- 1 entry with a comment as described in #1, 1 entry with a link to where you have blogged about this giveaway, 1 entry with your Twitter name if you have tweeted about this giveaway.
4) One winner will be chosen at random (using Random.org) and announced on Monday morning, May 3rd.
5) NOTE: If you wish to be contacted by e-mail if you win, please include your e-mail address in your comment. Otherwise you must check back on Monday, May 3rd by 10am. If the prize is NOT claimed within 72 hours, the next random winner (using Random.org) will be contacted.