True, I have very resourceful city kids who like nothing better than to make a “house” out of Fresh Direct delivery boxes. But they were infinitely more satisfied when we received this KidsCraft cardboard Creation Cottage. KidsCraft is a new company that makes cardboard playhouses from 100% recycled materials, using a flap-and-slot design (I am all thumbs and it was pretty simple to assemble, though I did get a few small scratches). You don’t need scisssors or glue or anything like that. Two designs are available, the Shuttle Imagination Spaceship ($69.95) with double-bay doors and two portholes, and the Creation Cottage ($59.95) with front door, five windows, and a chimney. We got the cottage and it is very nicely sized- I worried it might be a bit small for my very tall 3-year-old and his six-year-old big sister, but they were both able to play inside comfortably (in fact, there is room for more…making it a great playdate activity).
A few nice things about this company. I like that KidsCraft is dad-launched business (foudned by three proud papas in Atlanta). And, they focus on community giving; they are donating 100 playhouses to local charities like the Ronald McDonald House, Boys & Girls Club of America and after-school programs. The company will also donate 5% of sales to these organizations’ international headquarters, as well as to Shriners Hospitals for Children®, a network of 22 non-profit pediatric hospitals across in the US, Canada and Mexico. Finally, they plant one tree with the Trees for the Future foundation for every product sold.
Check out all the products at KidsCraft.
1) Visit KidsCraft and tell us what your favorite item is. Leave your comment on THIS post (click on “comments” below).
2) Post your comment by 11:59pm EST, Thursday, April 15th.
3) One entry per person, please. US addresses only.
4) One winner will be chosen at random and announced on Friday, April 16th.
5) NOTE: If you wish to be contacted by e-mail if you win, please include your e-mail address in your comment. Otherwise you must check back on Friday, April 16th to see if you won. Unclaimed prizes are forfeited after 72 hours.
A product sample was provided for this review. All views expressed here are exclusively those of MyMomShops.