Here in New York City, kiddie music classes are pretty much de rigeur; I have yet to meet a child that did not attend at least one. Whether the classes are any good though, are up for debate. Not so with “Moey’s Music Party”, the always lively parties led by Melissa Levis (aka “Moey”), one of the best-known pied pipers for the 5-and-under set in the Big Apple. Moey is an award-winning off-Broadway songwriter and her brand of “preschool pop” is unlike any other kiddie music you’ve heard (I promise you’ll be singing along to hits like “I Gotta Go Potty.”) Each week Moey (who can be spotted regularly in my neighborhood wearing a pink boa) and her band conduct a class based on a party theme- everything ranging from Halloween to Hanukkah. There are party hats, noisemakers, and, yes, party favors (my kids still have theirs from years past). As Moey’s Music Party has grown in popularity and prestige, her classes have moved to the posh New York Junior League headquarters on East 80th Street between Park and Lexington Avenues (a beautiful block). The Junior League will be rockin like you’ve never seen it before.
Fall semester classes start this week, and for this giveaway we are pleased to give TWO winners each a four-week Moey’s Music Party pass valued at $150. This means FOUR class passes to Moey’s Music Party, plus a free Moey’s Music Party CD to enjoy on those car rides in and out of the city. The perfect treat for a NYC kid and his/her parents.
Win it! TWO NYC readers will win four week Moey’s Music Party passes valued at $150 each- including four class passes plus a free Moey’s Music Party CD. Here are the contest rules:
1) Visit Moey’s Music Party to sample some tunes. Tell us what your favorite one is (click on “comments” below).
2) Post your comment by 11:59pm EST on Thursday, September 16th.
3) You may leave up to 3 separate entries- 1 entry with a comment as described in #1, 1 entry with a link to where you have blogged about this giveaway, 1 entry with your Twitter name if you have tweeted about this giveaway.
4) One winner will be chosen at random (using Random.org) and announced on Friday morning, September 17th.
5) NOTE: If you wish to be contacted by e-mail if you win, please include your e-mail address in your comment. Otherwise you must check back on Friday morning, September 17th. If the prize is NOT claimed within 48 hours, the next random winner (using Random.org) will be contacted.