Welcome to Blogiversary Giveaway #2! I’m so excited to introduce you to Paloma’s Nest. How have I not found this incredible shop before? Owner/designer Caroline Colom Vasquez creates handmade modern heirlooms including accessories, holiday decorations, and home furnishings. These sentimental pieces are meant to be cherished for generations, and are perfect for nostalgic, keepsake-loving moms like me (and probably many of you, too). Best of all, each item has simple, understated beauty. These are some of the most elegant keepsakes I have ever seen. I love them and I know you will too.
The winner of this giveaway will receive a $100 gift certificate to spend on any items they choose. Here are some of the items I love the most:
First, from the Little Bird Collection for Baby & Family, these custom maple wood baby clothes hangers ($26) are, I think, my favorite baby gift of 2011. Aren’t they beautiful? The 7.5″ hangers are hand-stamped with baby’s name and/or birthdate, and have notched shoulders. You definitely have to hang these outside of the closet in the nursery- don’t keep them hidden!
Another baby keepsake (or wedding keepsake) is this Custom “where we met”/”where you were born” map ($32). Such a sweet way to commemorate a special place, this geography-inspired fine white clay ornament will mark the approximate location of your choosing with a heart. Bonus: it’s available not just in a US version, but also Australia, Canada, and the UK. Includes a natural cord to hang on a Christmas tree, or on a wall in your home.
Looking for a unique Valentine’s gift? How about Paloma’s Nest’s Custom Heart of Gold ($28)? It’s a delicate 4″ paper-mache sculpture heart stamped with the text of your choice. I love the shimmer of the golf leaf paint.
One of Paloma’s Nest’s best-known items, the original Custom Tiny Text Bowl is an all-around perfect gift to commemorate a new baby, engagement, wedding, anniversary, or just about any other special occasion. These little 3.5″ ceramic dishes are hand-stamped with your choice of text and then can serve so many purposes (I have a similar dish that I use to put my rings at night).
Do you love these custom gifts as much as I do? I thought so. Browse around at PalomasNest to see what else you’d like to buy with a $100 gift certificate.
Win it! One reader will win the $100 gift certificate to Paloma’s Next. Here are the contest rules:
1) Visit Paloma’s Nest and tell us what your favorite item is. Leave your comment on THIS post (click on “comments” below).
2) You may leave up to 3 separate entries- 1 entry with a comment as described in #1, 1 entry with a link to where you have blogged about this giveaway, 1 entry with your Twitter name if you have tweeted about this giveaway.
3) Post your entries by 11:59pm EST, Sunday, January 23rd. Maximum 3 entries per person (as described above), please. US addresses only.
4) One winner will be chosen at random (using Random.org) and announced on Monday morning, January 24th at the blog and via our e-newsletter (if you’d like to subscribe, please e-mail me with “subscribe” in the subject line).
5) If you are not subscribed to our e-newsletter, please remember to check back on Monday morning, January 24th to see if you won any prizes. If any prize is NOT claimed within 72 hours, the next random winner (using Random.org) will be contacted.
Remember, you can enter as many Blogiversary Giveaway contests as you’d like by midnight (EST) on Sunday, January 23rd, but with a maximum of three entries per contest (see details above). All winners will be announced on Monday, January 24th.
(Make sure you haven’t missed the other giveaways! Posted so far: Lands End Beach Getaway Package valued at $208!)