I’m excited to share one of my favorite new finds from last month’s New York International Gift Fair, plus offer you a giveaway. Art Thingys is kid-friendly, handmade wall decor by Massachusetts artist Paul Ocepek. The “thingys” are colorful Pop-art-esque 3-D wall-mounted monkeys, elephants, penguins, alligators, and the like. Each piece of art is hand-constructed from sustainably harvested birch plywood and then decorated with non-toxic water based inks. The finished product arrives signed by the artist, fully assembled and ready to hang with pre-cut mounting holes. There’s wall art or wall hooks, and, in my opinion, one design is more adorable than the next. I had a hard time choosing which ones to feature in this post, but I thought these were some of the best:
Filbert 3D Wall Art ($64; blue, stripes, red, or the set of 3 for $182). I love how the trio looks…don’t you?
Personalized Popcorn 3D Wall Art ($78; red, blue, orange, or green). Perfect for the budding cinephile…or for any playroom, den, or TV room.
Tusker 3D Wall Hooks ($84; blue, yellow, or red). Really cute for a nursery, bedroom, or bathroom.
Albert 3D Wall Art ($68; green, blue or orange). I love the sawtooth edges on this one.
Want to see more? Check out all of the designs– I promise you’ll find even more to adore– at Art Thingys.
Enjoy a 25% discount code at Art Thingys with code “mymomshops-save25″ now through 3/31/11.
Win it! One MyMomShops reader will win a a 3D Wall Art of choice (valued at $75 or under) from Art Thingys. Here are the contest rules:
1) Visit Art Thingys and tell us what your favorite product is (it does not have to be 3D Wall Art). Leave your comment on THIS post (click on “comments” below).
2) Post your comment by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, February 27th.
3) You may leave up to 3 separate entries- 1 entry with a comment as described in #1, 1 entry with a link to where you have blogged about this giveaway, 1 entry with your Twitter name if you have tweeted about this giveaway (you must also follow @MyMomShops on Twitter).
4) One winner will be chosen at random (using Random.org) and announced on Monday morning, February 28th.
5) NOTE: If you wish to be contacted by e-mail if you win, please include your e-mail address in your comment. Otherwise you must check back on Monday morning, February 28th. If the prize is NOT claimed within 72 hours, the next random winner (using Random.org) will be contacted.