I’ve learned more than a few things about baby gear while writing this blog, and one is that the Dutch know what they’re doing. Not only do they appreciate stylish design, but they are also super-attentive to high-quality materials and details. So I am glad to introduce you to our newest sponsor, Boumy. If you haven’t heard of them before, you’ll be hearing the company’s name a lot more in months to come. This Dutch brand, created in 1998 by mom-of-two Anouk Henderson, boasts stylish, high quality leather “easy to slip on and stay on” baby shoes. The name “Boumy”, by the way, comes from her younger son’s nickname.
Boumy quickly took off in the Netherlands where it became the pre-eminant brand of baby shoe. Ever since exhibiting at the esteemed Pitti Bimbo kids’ tradeshow in Italy, Boumy has become sought-after in other countires as well, and it is now expanding to the U.S. Anouk still designs all of the shoes herself and makes sure they stand out from other brands with their top-notch craftsmanship and highest quality 100% soft leather which doesn’t constrict or pinch little baby feet. This not only helps promote healthy foot development, but also helps the littlest walkers feel as if they are barefoot. Also, since the leather is all-natural, the shoes “breathe” and keep kids cooler in summer. There is elastic ankle fastening for pulling the shoes on quickly and easily, and they do not slip off on their own (nor do they slip on surfaces thanks to a textured finish on the soles).
Boumy shoes are made for both boys and girls, and are available in lots of colorful, fun applique designs, solid colors, or boot styles. Almost all styles are available in sizes small (0-6mos), medium (6-12mos), large (12-18mos) and extra large (18-24mos). My personal favorites are Silver Polkadots for girls and Jogging Cobalt for boys. The solid silver pair (shown below) is also a top-seller, as are the sueded sand moccasions.
As it launches in the U.S. market, Boumy is exclusively available at its website. All pairs cost $32, which is not bad at all for high-quality all-leather shoes for babies. Flat rate shipping costs $6 to the U.S. and $7 to Canada. Visit Boumy.
Win it! One MyMomShops readers will win 2 pairs (their choice) of shoes by Boumy. This is a total value of $64. Here are the contest rules. The winner will be chosen by Random.org and announced on Friday morning, June 17th.
1) Visit Boumy and then leave a comment here about your favorite pair of shoes on the site. Leave your comment on THIS post (click on “comments” below).
2) Post your comment by 11:59pm EST on Thursday, June 16th.
3) You may leave up to 3 separate entries- 1 entry with a comment as described in #1, 1 entry indicating that you follow MyMomShops on Twitter (please provide your Twitter handle), and 1 entry indicating that you are a newsletter subscriber (if you want to subscribe, e-mail me with “newsletter” in the subject line).
4) One winner will be chosen at random (using Random.org) and announced on Friday morning, June 17th.
5) NOTE: If you wish to be contacted by e-mail if you win, please include your e-mail address in your comment. Otherwise you must check back on Friday, June 17th by 12 noon. If the prize is NOT claimed within 48 hours, the next random winner (using Random.org) will be contacted.