Editor’s Note: This post was originally published last December.
I love to write this post every year. Out of the nearly 1000 (!!) products I’ve posted about in 2011, here are my absolute favorites. I hope you love them, too. And check out past yearly favorites from 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007. Many of these products are still available.
1. Favorite New Store: C. Wonder. I am still smiling from my visit to this new Soho shop last week; it is chock full of every gift and accessory that I love.
2. Favorite Baby Gift: Uncommon Goods Birth Announcement Pillow. The sentimental birth announcement pillow gets an update for the 2010’s.
3. Favorite Toy (mom’s opinion): Perler Beads. How did I not know about these before?
5. Favorite Letterpress Stationery: Pink Orchid Press. Thick cardstock + fun designs + pretty colors= one of my favorites.
6. Favorite Site for Kids’ Clothing: Lil Swanky. I’ve bought my kids a bunch of great clothing–including Appaman and Ouch!–from this NYC mom-owned online boutique. Everything arrives beautifully wrapped, too.
7. Favorite Kids’ Book: If I Could Keep You Little by Marianne Richmond (Peter Pauper Press). This one’s a tearjerker. Have some Kleenex ready.
8. Favorite Personalized/Custom Gift: Silkscreened House Portrait Pillow by Not Without Merit. I gave this to my parents for their 45th wedding anniversary and it was a hit.
9. Favorite Photo Gift: Erin Condren Photo Gift Labels. These made our holiday gifts look fantastic this year.
10. Favorite Party Favor: Upcycled Crayon Party Favors by Etsy shop Zee Bree. Bye bye, cheap plastic toys. These crayons–made from discarded crayon fragments–will actually be used and enjoyed post-celebration. And they’re affordable, too.
12. Favorite Trend: The British Invasion Continues. Inspired by William & Kate, all things Anglophile make us happy.
13. Favorite NYC-themed gift: MTA Articulated Bus. My son’s beloved NYC “fun bus” makes it to toy stores.
14. Favorite Gift for Mom: Red Envelope Jewelry Tree. Finally, my jewelry is untangled.
15. Favorite Personal Post: Little Swimmer. When your child has special needs, hitting a milestone is the Best. Feeling. Ever.
16. Favorite Trade Show: New York International Gift Fair. I was honored to be selected as a Judge of the 2011 Baby & Child division, and I’m happy to report I’ve been asked back as a Judge for this January as well. Stay tuned for my 2012 picks.
17. Favorite Post I Wrote Elsewhere: “Don’t Sweat the Wedding; it’s the Marriage That Counts”. If I ever remarry, I’ll do so at City Hall; this explains why.
18. Favorite Wall Art: “Man on the Moon” Upcycled Dictionary Art Print from Stay Gold Media. It’s the perfect finishing touch in my son’s space-themed room.
19. Favorite Blogger Event: Mastercard’s “Priceless” Event at FAO Schwarz. Even without my kids in tow, visiting FAO Schwarz off-hours was a truly magical experience.
20. Favorite Shopping Tip: Join Amazon Prime. You’ll read a lot of my other money-saving tips via that link, but by far I’ve saved the most money (both in lower prices and free shipping) with Amazon Prime. Trust me, it’ll pay for itself.