Last week, I stopped by my newly renovated neighborhood Duane Reade to enroll in its brand new Balance Rewards Program. Launched on September 16th to relace the former FlexRewards program, the Duane Reade Balance Rewards program retains the basic ideas of FlexRewards…
- exclusive savings for members
- opportunity to earn points and redeem rewards
But it also adds new perks like these:
- The Balance Rewards program is active at both Duane Reade and Walgreens…a total of over 7,900 stores nationwide, plus at Walgreens.com
- Customers can sign up at any Duane Reade or Walgreens store at the checkout counter, pharmacy and photo kiosk.
- Customers an also sign up online at DuaneReade.com/balance.
- coming in early 2013: sign up via the upcoming Duane Reade Mobile Application.
- Members can earn points for making healthy choices, including 10 points for every mile logged in the Walk with Walgreens program.
- Earn 10 points per $1.00 spent for every purchase of non-prescription vitamin, cough, cold, pain or sleep medication at stores located in NY, NJ or AR where points cannot be earned on pharmacy items due to regulations.
Switching over to the new Balance Rewards program is easy peasy–just give the cashier your old Flex Rewards card and they’ll do the transfer for you (and, even if you’ve lost your Flex Rewards card as I had, they can still look up your account via your phone number). I am super excited about this new program because it seems points go further than before, so you will accrue rewards much faster than with the previous FlexWRewards program.
A few days later, armed with my new Duane Reade Balance Rewards card, I shopped the store using the Duane Reade store circular. It’s a handy way to find out in advance which items are on sale and/or are eligible for Balance Rewards.
I got some nice discounts on several items on my list:
Back home, here are my purchases. Can you guess which one was an impulse buy??
(No, the Star Magazine featuring Kate Middleton was not a Balance Rewards purchase. But, hey, I’ve gotta keep up with current events, right?)
Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias Social (TM) Social Fabric (R) Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias #SocialFabric #DRBalancerewards