Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® #cbias #SocialFabric. All opinions are entirely my own.
Doesn’t Mother’s Day seem to sneak up faster every year? It’s just 13 days away and this past weekend, I wanted buy some special treats for my own mother (who is not only the best mom to me, but also the best grandma to my kids). But I was very pressed for time and didn’t have time to brave department store crowds (or risk ordering something online which would not arrive on time). So I turned to Duane Reade. And in case you, too, need to do some quick shopping for Mother’s Day, I’ve found you some great last-minute options at your local Duane Reade store. They’re quite affordable, too!
1) Body & Spa Gift Sets. I’m a big proponent of gift-ready sets–they look “extra” nice and are easy to drop into a gift bag. Below are some of my current favorites at Duane Reade–a handy Burt’s Bees Essentials pack ($14.79), Scented Candle spa gift sets ($9.99), and “You’re the Balm” lip balm set ($4.99).
2) Jewelry. No, you’re not going to buy fine jewelry at Duane Reade, but you can find some impressive fashion jewelry. Yesterday I spotted these on-trend gold leaf drop earrings ($8.99) by Prevail (top photo) and I also want to show you the earrings my mom found for me at Duane Reade last year (bottom photo). I wear those at least weekly and so many people ask me where I got them. While the jewelry selection may vary by store, and you have to look carefully, I promise you’ll find something she’ll love.
3) Bath & Shower Accessories. Once again, Duane Reade’s in-house “Prevail” line makes some very gift-worthy items including a relaxing, cooling gel eye mask, pretty flowered moisturizing gloves, bath mitts, and more. Perfect for mom’s night in!
4) Magazine Subscriptions. Magazine subscriptions are one of my favorite last-minute gift ideas because you can give the current issue as a gift along with a note they’ll be receiving issues for a year (or more) to come. And there are so many great choices of magazines for moms at Duane Reade, including O–The Oprah Magazine, People Style Watch, House Beautiful, and Real Simple. I chose Traditional Home for my mom–a 2-year gift subscription cost just $20.
5) Perfume. I was pleasantly surprised by the number of high-end perfumes available in Duane Reade’s display–plus the prices are so reasonable. I bought my mom DKNY’s “Be Delicious” fragrance which was on sale for just $23.99 (regularly $47.99). Other options include Donna Karan’s “Cashmere Mist” and Vera Wang’s “Princess.”
6) Mom’s Memory Book. I didn’t buy this only because my mom has already done complete memory books for both my son and daughter (I told you she was amazing!) but I was taken by this “Mom: Tell Me Your Story” audio memory book–a very clever gift for grandmas! If she doesn’t want to answer each writing prompt by hand, she can record her voice instead. And the price can’t be beat–only $6.99.
7) Gift Cards. When in doubt, you can never go wrong with a gift card! And, at Duane Reade you can buy cards for mom’s favorite stores–the selection goes way beyond your usual Subway and Starbucks cards. Choose from among cards starting at $10 and all the up to $100 for favorite high-end stores like Bloomingdale’s, Lord & Taylor, and Pottery Barn, plus Macy’s, Bed Bath & Beyond, and TJ Maxx.
Ready to put your gift together? Duane Reade has everything you need to put your gift together, from wrapping paper to ribbons to gift bags. I especially liked this cool photo gift bag ($4.99):
And, voila! The finished product. I’ll be giving this gift package to my mom on Mother’s Day along with some homemade gifts from the kids. I hope she loves it!