If you’re on Pinterest or read home design magazines, you know that gold accents are on-trend right now. They are especially popular in home offices because, let’s face it, everyone wants to make their desk look more glamorous. With some carefully chosen accessories, you too can add a touch of gold to your home office. I did this for my own desk area–take a look:
1) Gold dot decals. Add gold dot decals to your desk wall. I bought mine on Etsy from a seller who’s since closed shop, but the Land of Nod’s Lottie Dots Decals ($24.95) are very similar. I bunched them closely at top towards one side, and then spaced them out going down in a cascading effect:
2) Gold handset phone. When I make calls on my iPhone from home, I use this limited edition Native Union retro gold handset (now discontinued, but a similar model available at Amazon.com) for $9.95). It makes me feel extra fancy.
3) Gold foil wall art. To the left on the wall over my desk, right above my Brocade Stacklable Letter Tray (Container Store, $15), is this “Je Ne Regrette Rien” gold foil print ($25) from Etsy, inside a 9 x 12″ brass frame purchased from a local stationery shop. Want a different print/quote? Search “gold foil print” on Etsy and you’ll find dozens.
4) Gold ghost chair. Have you seen these clear “ghost chairs” all over the blogosphere too? They’re inspired by Kartell’s famous Louis Ghost Chairs ($450, Wayfair.com) and are a classy, modern, and space-savvy way to add glamour to any office area. I was lucky enough to score one at a moving sale, but if you, too, can’t spend the $450 on Wayfair.com, check out the more affordable Casper Dining Armchair in Yellow ($115, Amazon.com).
5) Framed cards. An inspirational quote in a pretty frame is a nice touch at your desk, too. I love this card by Quotable Cards ($3.50 per 5″ square card)…and it happened to fit perfectly inside a silver-plated square frame I got as a wedding gift years ago. If you’d like to find a gold-hued frame in this hard-to-size frame, here’s a pretty one ($22) from Etsy.
6) Gold office supplies. And, two of my very favorite desk accessories in glorious gold: these limited edition Gold Scissors ($16.99) and Swingline Stapler in Gold ($15.99), both by Nate Berkus for Target, in-store only. I was lucky enough to snag them in-store before they sold out. Now you can get them on Ebay (if you’re willing to pay a little more).
7) Gold shelf accents. And, last, a “shelfie” of three shelves near my desk, which I’ve carefully put together. From top shelf: Semikolon Pink Document Box ($19.99, Container Store), gold pig bookends ($29.95, CB2), teal vase by West Elm (similar modernist vases by West Elm, $29-$49), vintage gold wood Pottery Barn initial “J” (similar one at Etsy for $48).