This is my twelfth year sending out holiday photo cards, and I want to send out a card that really stands out. After seeing the “same old, same old” cards year after year, I really appreciate cards that are remarkable for their designs, materials, or special flourishes.
One of the top contenders for our card this year is Night Owl Paper Good’s Personalized Real Wood Holiday Cards which are printed on wood (yes, real wood). These cards stand out for many reasons:
- they’re printed on sustainably harvested birch wood (all designs are also available on budget-friendly FSC certified paper, too).
- they’re easy to personalize online with your own greeting, photo(s) or logo, and then professional designers do the rest.
- a dozen backer choices are available and included in the price, including a 2015 calendar, additional photos and/or text, festive patterns, and more.
- all of the cards are handmade here in the USA. The envelopes contain 30-100% recycled post-consumer waste.
- you can order now but upload your photos later.
These will cost a little more than your standard cards, obviously, but I have the solution–take advantage of their early bird sale (see end of post for coupon code). Or, you could also get the very same designs printed on paper (a “faux wood” background, if you will) rather than wood, which will also save you money. And while you’re checking out all the various options on the site, I’d recommend you browse through the Personalized Letterpress Holiday Cards and Personalized Ornament Cards, too.
These personally are two of my favorite designs from the 2015 collection:
Rustic Bloom (starting at $2.22 each on wood, or $1.21 on paper):
Krafty Sash (starting at $2.22 each on wood, or $1.21 on paper):
Enjoy 20% off all Personalized Holiday Cards at Night Owl Paper Goods (plus free domestic shipping on all orders $49+) all month long! Use code SHINE2014 now through 10/31.