Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias® #cbias #SocialFabric. All opinions are, as always, entirely my own.
Mother’s Day is six days away….have you shopped yet? I’ve purchased a few small gifts for “Grandma” (my mom) already and hope they will arrive on time. Just in case they don’t–and in case you, too, may need to buy last-minute gifts for your mom, sister, grandma, aunt or whoever deserves to be pampered–here are some great Mother’s Day gift options from your local Duane Reade store:
1) A Magazine Subscription. I love giving magazine subscriptions as gifts. Don’t fret that the first issue won’t arrive for “4-6 weeks.” Just wrap one of these brand new issues alone with a card that tells Mom to look forward to new issues all year. Duane Reade carries all of your favorites, including Vogue, Glamour, Lucky, O–The Oprah Magazine, Real Simple, House Beautiful, and Martha Stewart Living; many of these offers special deals with gift subscriptions as low as $10 for 1 year.
2) Perfume. These are not your old-school drug store scents. Duane Reade carries top designer perfumes ($50 and up)–two of my personal favorites at Lolita Lempicka and Angel by Thierry Mugler. No need to hike to Bloomingdale’s to buy these.
3) Cosmetic Gift Sets. Once again, Duane Reade surprises with top cosmetic brands that you used to have to go to department stores to buy. How about this Fekkai Glossing Starter Kit (on sale for $30) or a gift-ready Burt’s Bees Essentials pack ($12.99)?
4) Canvas Gallery Wraps. Just like you’d order from a photo sharing site, but with same-day pick-up! Available in three sizes, starting at $39.99, this is always a thoughtful Mother’s Day gift (especially for Grandmas).
5) Gift Cards. Give Mom the gift of shopping for herself. Once again, these aren’t your typical drugstore gift cards. They’re available in many denominations for your favorite stores, including Amazon.com, Macy’s, Lord & Taylor, Banana Republic, H&M, and Home Goods.
6) Zagat NYC Guides. I don’t know about you, but I still rely on my softcover Zagat’s guides to choose restaurants. It is easier to thumb through than a zillion reviews on Yelp or Citysearch. Buy a restaurant or shopping guide for $15.99.
7) Gel Manicure Starter Kit ($71.99). A brand new product, Sally Hansen’s Gel Polish system gives Mom a professional-looking gel manicure entirely at home.
8) Ped Egg- “As Seen on TV.” Don’t laugh. You know you’ve seen the commercials on TV and want to try it for yourself (my sister swears it works). I like the Duane Reade has a section of this and other “As Seen on TV” products ready for you to grab. Try the Ped Egg ($14.99) or the spa-inspired “Turbie Twist” ($8.99).
9) Flowers. Yep, you can even buy a dozen fresh roses at Duane Reade now. No need to buy the shoddy ones outside the subway stations. As of this past weekend, they were priced at $12.99, though I make no price guarantees for Mother’s Day morning.
10) Chocolates. Sweets for the sweet….almost every mom I know would appreciate chocolates as an add-on Mother’s Day gifts. May I suggest the new “Delish” Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels? Sea salt caramels are all the rage right now and these are delectable (and affordable–a box costs $3.99). Of course, if your mom is more of a purist, there’s the regular candy aisle, too.
And…don’t forget to buy a card. All of the beautiful newly refurbished Duane Reade locations have beautiful, high-end card selections by Papyrus….you will definitely find one you’ll want to give.
Learn more at DuaneReade.com and follow them on Twitter at @duanereade. And for more details about my shopping for Mother’s Day gifts at Duane Reade please visit my Google+ story.